Opinions on Boiler Types

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, first up, apologies if this question is asked a lot but I had a quick search and couldn't find a recent one so here goes...

I live in a 4-bed, 1 bathroom(bath and shower) town-house set out on 3 floors and I need to replace the boiler but don't really know which type to go for so I'm looking for other posters opinions. Basically the current boiler is a 15-20 year old floor standing Potterton - this lives on the ground floor (and is flued up through the house and out of the roof), where there is also a utility room which has a h/w tap. The first floor has the kitchen and its associated h/w pipe and the 2nd floor has the main bathroom and h/w cylinder. Mains pressure to the house is pretty good.

A combi boiler would allow me to make my bathroom bigger by losing the h/w cylinder but i'm not convinced that its a good idea to have a combi boiler two floors away from the bathroom (i.e, wanting to top up the bath with hot water after the pipes have cooled = lots of cold water first).

What do you lot think? *Any* ideas greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
For the greater good, please, please put in a combi, and preferably a condensing one. This will give employment to someone in the heating industry, and you can feel good about it.

Why do you need to replace the boiler?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back