Replacing standard boiler with a Combi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My previous post shows I'm having probs. with my current c/h and h/w system and the boiler is getting a bit old (Glow Worm 65-80). How would I replace the existing boiler with a Combi type? Can I tap into the existing c/h and h/w system without too much problem and can I then dispense with the h/w cylinder to give us back some airing cupboard space. AND would you experts out there consider this a good move? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I would advse you get a decent company around to see if a combi is viable first mate

loads of entries on this subject do a search on combis

fitting any type of boiler is NOT a DIY job

fitting any type of boiler is NOT a DIY job

erk!!! I'd better stop doing it then :LOL:

How would I replace the existing boiler with a Combi type?

Why on earth do you want a combi?????????????

If you live in a flat on your own a combi might be ok, otherwise not. They have a whole load of works inside and they give me a good living fixing them. They have no economic advantage, that is a manufacturers claim disputed by a report from the Buildings Research Council. Indeed, several manufacturers I know say they make combis only because people keep asking for them, or keep getting sold them by merchants or installers.

Have a boiler, and have the other system bits seperate. Think hard about doing away with hot water storage, if you want a bath, keep it. Loads of people will now probably post messages supporting combis, heaven knows why, beats me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back