Opinions on Ecobase interlocking Shed base system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for the most straight forward way of preparing an 8x6 shed base & I noticed these & wondered what you thought of the idea, as compared to the old way.....paved etc

Sponsored Links
Never heard of it but just been googling and it seems a decent alternative.

These folks - http://www.simplygardenbuildings.co.uk/ecobase-shed-base-foundation-599-deal-43-p.asp - do it for £6 per tile so at 20 tiles for an 8x6ft shed that's £120.

The alternative is to dig out and lay pea gravel, sand and slabs which is going to come to £60-£80 anyway. I might consider it for a second shed that I need to put in, in a couple of months.

Cheers!

edit: can get something similar for £95 (8x6ft) on amazon - dunno whether it's the same manufacturer, tho

They may be made from recycled plastic, but let's be honest they can hardly truthfully be called Eco friendly, mind you compared to concrete they are.
You can lay down cardboard over grass the full extent of the shed footing (suppresses growth) make sure the grounds level, lay the shed floor on some suitable size timber posts with strip dpc under them (ok not the most eco-friendly product) and once the shed is erected close the bottom gap to stop any light getting in. With the light blocked no plants can grow, grass turf dies back to an almost inert load bearing mat under these conditions, and unless your rolling in and out trucks or something will service for years to come...pinenot :)

I think it's the ease of use that apeals to me more than the Eco side of things. Less labour intensive.

Sponsored Links
Only on visible borders if you have a larger area. Not needed directly under shed (according to website) I've ordered mine

OK - fairy nuff.

I guess if it protrudes the gravel is (a) cosmetic and (b) to stop water splashing up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back