Opinions on Quooker

Would you install a Quooker in your kitchen?

• Yes

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have seen few ads about quooker taps which provides instant 100 degree C hot water for your coffee, tea....etc. I just watched the installation which is not difficult, you need 2 bar plus of cold and hot water supplies, 35mm hole in kitchen worktop and 13A outlet. It does take space under the worktop for it's small tank/s and pipes. I don't find it very useful and don't like it. It's excellent for coffee shops but am sure they already dedicated machines.

Are people buying them?
Are plumbers busy installing them?

Sponsored Links
IMO they're a real luxury and I find only a small number of people would actually spend the money on them. Only installed 4 or 5 in all my time.

Mate has one - installed mainly to reduce his water costs (the're on a water meter) as his boiler is in the loft - takes around 4 litres of water to get hot water to kitchen tap or at least did. Now don't have a kettle in the kitchen.
Don't have a feel for the running costs.

Is it worth it? Couldn't say, they are pleased, I'm waiting until it goes faulty then I'll reveiw my thoughts.

Comparing my own case - I think it will save a little. We are on a water meter, have to run off 3 to 3l water to get hot electrically heated water at the kitchen tap. Worked it out some years ago that boiling a kettle for hot water in kitchen was less costly than using the hot water.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
In my opinion they're bloody dangerous - far too easy to scald yourself if you're careless. If you've young children or dodery oldies around then the dangers are even more real. My son has one and I've had some near misses using it - and although I'm on the wrong side of 70 I don't consider myself dodery.

A kettle suitably filled to requirement will always be more efficient

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back