Opinions Quickslide and Camden also window advice centre

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am helping my friend with a renovation. Any advice much appreciated.

We are looking to get the old sash and case windows replaced with good UPVC. Noise reduction is a consideration with a main road very close by.

We await prices from the "Window Advice Centre" Seems they're nominated contractors will likely all quote for Quickslide vertical sliders. I have had an estimate for Camden "timeless vertical sliders" too. Which would you recommend and are there other manufacturers which come highly recommended?

The Camden ones have been offered with 6mm and 4mm glass in the units (15mm inbetween panes- does that sound right?) for best noise reduction.

Anyone know how the window advice centre works? It appears to be a useful free service but it is difficult not to believe there isn't any incentive for their efforts..
http://windowadvicecentre.clickforward.com/?gclid=CL-gjYGko84CFQcz0wodEvIAkg&_vsrefdom=p.14881

Do UPVC sliding windows like this vary widely in thickness of frame i.e. them looking slim framed and therefore more like the originals, and also what is the preferred method of filling the old void where the original weights etc hang?

This interim help would be useful. Many thanks

Sponsored Links
We supply Synseal and never had an issue. There are a few good makes rehau is another. They should all be around 120mm

If you use a upvc slider there will not be a massive void. Foam and small trim will do it

Personally i'd stay clear of Camden , a competitor round here had major issues with their std upvc frames. Simply things like sashes not fitting , frames not square...I know of at least two housefuls where the company had to replace every frame due to poor manufacture

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back