Replacement window advice needed please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Our bathroom window and frame needs replacing. It's a glazed wooden frame window with one fixed and one opening pane.

I noticed Wickes sell ready made uPVC windows but before I go any further I would like to ask the advice on how tricky a) the old window will be to remove and b) how hard will the new one be to install?

Cheers
Daz

Sponsored Links
How long is a piece of string lol
Some are easy and some are hard and there are a few thousand pages of regulations you may need to check through.

Wicks windows are pretty rubbish you can get a good one made to the exact size you want for cheaper if your in the trade.
Then you need building regulations sign off by building control this will be about £200.

Probably easier to get a Fensa company to do it to be honest. Although I don't know what London company's charge.

Sponsored Links
Well you can but without that amazing piece of paper you will have problems selling your house one day

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back