Opinions wanted on tiling & skirting board (Please)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Bathroom is being fully tiled (floor to ceing).... Should I.....

1) Tile down to the floor boards and then fit skirting board over tiles.. or..

2) Fit skirting board, then tile down to it.

I'm absolutely convinced I should go for option 2, however Wifey :rolleyes: has other ideas (Namely option 1)

Oh, and skirting board will be the plastic type, not timber.

Sponsored Links
well personally i reckon i'd tile right down to the floor then put on a skirtingboard - only because my tiling leaves much to the imagination so from my point of view it'd look neater :oops:

I've done this before, depends on the skirting, but say assuming something like and ogee moulding, then I think the best course of action is fit the skirting, but pack it out from the wall with small strips of wood which are the same width as the tiles, then tile, I know, a bit of cutting involved, then thin bead of good quality sealant 'twixt join of skirting an tiling, job should be a good 'un.

Just as an alternative, how about, tiling to the floor and no skirting?

Sponsored Links
When I done my bathroom we just completey removed the skirting board and tiled from floor to ceiling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back