Optima by Coram shower tray leaking?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, I'm not sure what to do next so any assistance is appreciated.

We have a bathroom with a shower encloser next to our bath. I noticed bit by bit there was a "patch" of paint that seemed to be bubbling and initially I thought it was always like this however it got worse over time and now I noticed there is a dark line that seems to be getting worse now too. So I'm convinced of a leak and from what I have been able to work out is it seems there is a leak from the corner of the tray that rests up against this wooden pillar which is slowly soaking into the wood and spreading? On the right side of the tray it also has a darker area RIGHT at the corner of where the tray comes into contact with the wall which again makes me believe the tray corners are taking on water somehow and it's running upagainst the wall and slowlys soaking in?

I have attached as many picutres as I could take. Whats your thougths?

Images 1 - 7 are the left side, 8 is the middle and 9 and 10 are the right side.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    307.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    443.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Usually if that is water then it would be coming down where the tray seal/wall channel runs down and meets the tile but there isn't a picture showing the inside corners.

Usually if that is water then it would be coming down where the tray seal/wall channel runs down and meets the tile but there isn't a picture showing the inside corners.
Oh I see! So from the inside of the shower between the wall and the tray there could be a small gap somewhere. I will have a look and try get some pictures!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back