Optima G3 Alarm Control Panel beeps?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Optima G3 control Panel has just started to sound a single beep every couple of minutes. Why is it doing this and how do I stop it?
Thanks
:confused:

Sponsored Links
Check your smoke detector battery. ;)

I suspected that the smoke detectors were the cause at first but the beeps are definitely coming from the alarm control panel!

it sounds like its waiting for you to acknowledge an alert - anything showing on the panel?

Sponsored Links
The panel appears to be showing nothing out of the ordinary - perhaps it is telling me it needs a service!

I've come across this time and time again. Take the batteries out of your smoke detectors and see if it still happens. BUT PUT THEM BACK AFTERWARDS!

Unless you have mains operated smokes with back up batteries, in which case put new batteries in.

After about a 20min telephone 'conversation' about exactly the same thing, I lost.
Drove 94 miles there, 2mins inside, heard the beep, went into the under stair cupboard and retrieved an old smoke detector, removed the battery and handed to client, sign here please.

As this was a Bank Holiday Monday, and got no apology, the bill was £££s, got it eventually, I won.

Europlex,

How come people dont believe you when you tell 'em.

I reckon I've made about £500 over the years from this exact thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back