Optima g4 compact

adm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replaced my old omnicron 7000 control panel with the above and very neat and tidy it looks compaired to the ugly thing we used to have, the question i would like to ask is whilst the optima g4 has 8 wireable zones i only need to use 4 and even though as i have read in the installer instructions that zones can be programmed as used or unused do i still need to put a link on these zones as it does not state in the instructions and also their were no factory links included except those already fitted to the PA and Tamper links. I think i have to do this as when i am trying the walk through test the zones are showing as open but with nothing stated in the instructions i just thought i would ask the question. If i need these what is the best thing to use, would fuse wire do ?

Sponsored Links
most panels that you can programme ccts as unused do not require any links at all, since it is not monitoring that cct. If you want to put links in you can. Fuse wire is a bad thing. get a piece of alarm cable (4, 6 or 8 core) , strip it and use one of the cores

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back