Optima XL6 help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys - bought a house and has this alarm installed..had the house rewired..and alarm was working fine..however now for some reason it doesnt seem to be working....when i turn it on it makes funny bleeping noises...but none of the buttons on the panel seem to be working, trying to reset it but the reset button is non responsive..we have the alarm code.....perhaps it needs a service or reset or something...any help and advice please...all the motion sensors in the hosue are working...ta

ok found the user guide on ukpanels.com...and it states that :

"If a tamper or PA fault is present on the system, it will go to a lockout condition (showing the appropraite indication). The keypad will not produce any audiable responses and the system will not operate untill the fault has been found and rectified"

not much help to me then as the user...surely must be able to reset the alarm as i have the code for it ?.

Sponsored Links
Power it down (mains), remove old battery, replace with new battery, on power up it should silence with user code. Replace lid, turn on mains to unit, press reset, jobs a good un

Sponsored Links
No it was a chain of events.

Your rewire, alarm went funny, needs new battery.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Do wot he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

lol..ok guys sorry i misunderstood....ill try that in the morning...and will post back of the outcome...

by the way...we did have the house rewired a few months ago and the alarm was switched off completely for some time...

hmmm...looks like the push button on the knights panic button alrm is pushed in...big red button...i have no key to reset it ? are all keys the same ?..

hmmm...looks like the push button on the knights panic button alrm is pushed in...big red button...i have no key to reset it ? are all keys the same ?..
As it's already 'pushed', undo the screw/s on the face of the PA take the face plate off and then move the 'slide' that is operated by the button/s back against the button/s then replace the cover and screws - easy.

All the details equal a better answer............

Funny that isnt it!

cheers guys...alarm sorted was the panic button pushed in...got a key for it and all is ok...now i have another problem...2 of the zone sensors have stopped working...were working before, but not now...will have to have a closer look for cut or pulled wires..etc..

cheers guys...alarm sorted was the panic button pushed in...got a key for it and all is ok...now i have another problem...2 of the zone sensors have stopped working...were working before, but not now...will have to have a closer look for cut or pulled wires..etc..
Blown a fuse?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back