Options for roofing rear extension

Never been good on maffs nose until one of the kids bought me an abacus. Lot better now clicking them beads up and down, only problem is, it is marked in yauns, and we do not always get our pounds shillings and pence quite right.
Funnily enough we like valley sets and have a way of getting them right first time, but then again you know our way of working, 12mm paint brush and pot of paint for marking, ball of line, passing cloud and we are away. But then again we always finish up with that rustic look even without trying.
By the way if you see Fred walking about one night with a roof tile in his hand call the RSPCA, or the local vet.
Regards, oldun

Sponsored Links
Couple of pictures speak a thousand words. Got it now. The old boys who pitched it went a bit round the houses with their strutting, but got there in the end.
As we are a bit thick and do not understand how to post pictures drawings etc, PM us your address so that we can send you a few sketches to explain certain areas, instead of trying to explain them.
Have roughly gone through the roof, and as your existing hip plate does not follow the line of the new roof plate, to achieve the same HAP to both roofs and to do away with purlins will be specking 47x150 for new rafters at 600 centres on the main and 450 on the fly in.
Let us know if you want to go 450 on the new main. We always try to work either 400 or 600 to match with plasterboard.
Check that it is 45 degree pitch as all measures that we will give you will be calculated on that.
Our drawings will be self explanatory and all measurements will be included.
Give us to Monday evening and they will be in post
oldun

Cheers Oldun, Can you explain what you mean by main and fly-in? I'm guessing Main means the existing house roof and fly-in being the new piece, so you're advising I replace the lot?

Will PM you my address now.

Cheers

Gary

Rest easy, by main we meant the new commons on the extension. By fly in you will see what we mean when you get drawings. The only work to existing roof will be slight modification to the hip and to fly a layboard up existing rafters. Check PM box over weekend
oldun

Sponsored Links
Thank god for that - I need to go for a lie down now.

Just got my new angle finder in the post so will report back on pitches tonight.

Cheers

Gary

Hi Oldun,

I've just re-sent you my address. My message settings under 'who can send you messages' was set to 'only friends' so I think that was the problem. Did you recieve the PM I just sent to you?

Thanks

Gary

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back