Order of re-fit after plaster.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The plasterer has just left after doing all walls and ceiling in our spare room.

I've now got a long wait while I watch it dry, so what can and can't I do while I wait?

1. The paint needs stripping off the door frame, but I'm thinking I can't do this yet as don't want to rush heat into the new plaster..?

2. New rad needs hanging and plumbing. I suppose this can do done and then just lifted back off for paint?

3. Window board can go on and mask when it's time for paint?

4. Skirting... Is this best left until painted, or at least until miss coated?
This will then need holes filling, and painting, along with the door frame.

5. Carpet, obviously last.

Just don't want to do nothing while its drying out.
Have I got the right idea?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
There's nothing to stop you doing any of these tasks really, maybe with the exception of heat stripping the door casing......it will rub down and undercoat though.
Fit the skirting anytime, and it's up to you whether you undercoat it first or not.
With the radiator, rehang it, pipe up to it but naturally enough, don't fill it!
John :)

Exactly as you suggest.
I would paint the skirting after painting the walls so that you can overlap the emulsion onto the skirting slightly (unless it's a bright colour).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back