oriel/bay window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have an upstairs bay window that is always full of condensation in a morning when i wake up.
How do i solve this?
I have double glazing but the window area is very cold.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Basically what this is, is that the double glazed unit has broken down and will need replaceing.
This can happen to double glazed units, its when air gets inbetween the two pains of glass and causes condensations and wet areas.

hope this helps.

Oh, question..is the condensation on the inside of the windows, so you could wipe it off, or is it inbetween the two pains of glass...

Sponsored Links
righteo, this can be down the the fact you have no "trickle vents" on the windows. Basically these are on all new windows, a little vent at the top of the window which can be either opened or closed, it creates air floor.

And as it is upstairs, im guessing the bedroom? it can get "stuffy at night" especailly when winter comes and its one temp outside and a totally different temp inside.

Try to leave a window very slightly open to give some air flow in the room, an if possible see about putting vents in them, if possible.

they have trickle vents in them already.

it can get a littel stuffy inside the bedroom yes!

The problem with condensation in bedroom is coming from breathing ! have a read here to help you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back