Oso Super S water cylinder leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My OSO Super S (150L) water cylinder has started leaking sometime within the past week.

I have done a bit of investigation myself:
- The floor all around the cylinder is wet (as per photo)
- The cylinder was made in Feb 2011 and fitted November 2011, but we have only lived here since 2015
- We are using it in 'direct' mode, it also supports indirect
- The top of the cylinder where the expansion vessels are is completely dry, but the outlet in the centre does have some 'crust'
- When I remove the 2 front covers, the top of the electrical area is wet (so above the heating element height), so I assume the water is coming from somewhere above here

Can anyone suggest a cause?

I know there is a 25year warranty, but I don't have the original purchase paperwork (but may be able to get it from the previous owner), but it's definitely not been serviced annually.

I feel a big bill for a new cylinder coming on....!

unnamed-1.jpg

Sponsored Links
I wonder if this is the issue?! Definitely wasn't crusty like that a few months back when I looked....

unnamed-2.jpg

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back