Our plumber is depressed and suicidal!

Sponsored Links
amelia said:
Hopefully the final update on this saga for those interested

We have never found a solution to this long standing problem but I have got used to living with the bleeding and topping up routine. No more dreadful noises thankfully but the pressure just creeps down over time. We had one incident a month ago when we mysteriously had no heat at all and a very strong smell of damp in the airing cupboard. No signs of water to be found anywhere but no pressure in the system!

I have one last question - regarding the rad in the hall. Since our heating engineer used a cleaning solution in the system (some months ago now) this particular rad, which is painted brilliant white, has turned a horrible shade of pink. I mean bright baby pink! I assume it is a chemical reaction but can I do anything about it? It's had 6 coats of white gloss and 3 coats of radiator enamel - still pink!!

Thanks to everyone who gave their suggestions during a frustrating time. Much appreciated. I remain mystified.................
THE RAD`s got a pinhole and the chemically treated water is getting out under the paint film...That`s where your pressure loss is....Turn off both rad valves and see how the system behaves ;) :eek: :LOL: The DAMP smell in T`hairing cupd. is the chemicals smell .another pinhole :?:Where are you in UK ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back