Out of my Depth

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good afternoon,

I'm currently refitting our bathroom, I'm quite competent with plumbing but this is out of my depth.

The toilet is being changed to one where the pan sits against the unit and the cistern is housed within the unit but the depth of unit is only 200mm.

The pipe coming through the sub floor is 300mm off of the wall.

The question I am asking is do you think it's possible to get onto this clay pipe with a union and possibly two 90 degrees to make the connection?

There is the option to dig up the path as the manhole is literally 1 metre from the wall.

Thank you.

Sponsored Links
The picture

Attachments

• PXL_20221119_140205510.jpg
    PXL_20221119_140205510.jpg
    291.9 KB · Views: 78
I thought the plumbers on here dont advise the use of flexi pipe. I may be wrong.

Sponsored Links
Are you measuring the 300mm from the wall to the centre of the soil pipe in the floor ? If you are ,you will struggle with a cabinet that's only 200mm deep and a flexible pan connector, you may just be able to connect the pan with a space saving angled pan connector.

Are you measuring the 300mm from the wall to the centre of the soil pipe in the floor ? If you are ,you will struggle with a cabinet that's only 200mm deep and a flexible pan connector, you may just be able to connect the pan with a space saving angled pan connector.
Unfortunately not, I am measuring the overall, so from wall to the right hand side of the clay pipe which in itself is about 130mm wide.

So when the new toilet goes in it will sit directly over the clay pipe.

What will the distance be from the WC pan outlets edge to the centre of the pipe in the floor ?
I don't understand why you think two 90 degree bends are required

If the front face of the unit is 200mm from the wall it's going to be a long ole pan to sit against the unit and cover the soil pipes within the cheeks?

The pink line depicts the back of the new pan, so it will sit completely over the clay pipe.

Tbh I think I'm going to have to gun it out around it and try and get on the straight section.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221119-223144~2.png
    Screenshot_20221119-223144~2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
I should learn at my age to just get in the people that know what they are doing, less stress for me, but where is the excitement in that!

I feel like a bit of div, I looked at the new pan this morning and realised the outlet is inset, or it is forward from the back of the pan by approximately 100mm. 100 inset + 200mm Unit = 300mm = Grinder and Flexi Pan Connector.

Sorry to confuse you all.

cut the pipe under the floor and use 2 x 135 bends to get back to wall under floor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back