out of plumb wall and shower screen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have to fit an over bath shower screen and the customer supplied one (B&Q) has a maximum of 10mm play between the wall plate and screen. The wall is so out of plumb that a gap of 15mm is between the two. Anyone know of a manufacturer who do screens with a greater range of adjustment. I have tried Coram who dont and will try ringing others but thought you may be able to save me the usual hassle,

Cheers Steve

Sponsored Links
how about building out a miniature dwarf wall and tiling all round it and fixing to that if you have no luck with the screen

Thanks Chukka,
i forgot to mention it's a curved bath and screen but you have given me some food for thought. I could look at placing a small 'fillet' of something to pack it out and take up the gap. Possibly some upvc batten or the like as other posts have suggested. Bit of a pain though and gonna be a mare to cover. Tried to convince her that curtains were all the vogue...she was having none of it.
Steve

lol,when theres no option but to get over a problem,that sorts the boys from the men lol

Sponsored Links
I had this problem at our old house, the wall tilted back about 3 feet.

I used plastic spacers of increasing thicknesses to pack out the wall bracket and then neatly siliconed it.

3 feet :eek: . You sure? Thats a fair bit of silicone. Has it cured yet :LOL:I think though thats about the best option i have to TBH.I always find beading up showers and baths a bit hit and miss. Got about 15mm to fill and i'm worried it's gonna end up looking like an ice sculpture. Hey ho. Whats the best silicone to use do you think bearing in mind the gap i have to fill. I have used some that always seem to remain sticky and i dont want it curing for weeks
Hey Chukka are you bringing my masculinity into question. Only my wifes allowed to do that and she's the best. If you dont desist.....I'll tell her :oops:
Anyway thats enough for now, better go....."yes dear coming".....

Thanks again guys Steve

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back