Outbuilding wall help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, currently I have an outbuilding which is 1.6m high.
I would like raise the height of it but at the moment the roof rests on the garden wall seperating it between me and the neighbour,
Can I increase the height of this wall as it forms part of my outbuilding already?

It is a brick built shed with corrugated roof.

Sponsored Links
If its resting on the garden wall, - who ones the wall,

how long has it been up?

How much do you want to raise it by, - would you're neighbour mind it? - are there any cracks in the wall, would the wall foundation take the extra weight?

is the rainwater of your roof going in your neighbours garden?

The wall is shared garden wall, double bricked
It has been up +12 years

No cracks in wall looks in good condition.

I want to raise by 3 brick courses.

Rainwater is thrown off into a gutter in my drain. Nothing overshooting the neighbours side.
Thanks for your reply

Well, that is a proper party wall. I would speak to the neighbour how he feels about it

you can have a fence of 2m between neighbours without planning consent, so go for it (after speaking to you'r neighbour, and getting his consent)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help. I will consult with the neighbour, also do you how deep water pipes needs to be buried into the ground as I need to extend the garden tap to another wall side of the house for ease of use really...

Or can I just simply run it along the wall ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back