Building 2 brick sheds & Wall at back of garden! HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Im starting to plan a spring garden project. Im planning to build two brick sheds/outbuildings + a brick wall at the back of my garden.

Im a complete newbie when it comes to something like this so Im after all the advice someone can give me. Basically this is what Im planning on doing.

1. I plan on building a brick wall at the rear of my garden with a gate in it giving access to woodland at the back. This would be replacing a wood fence and would be done within permitted development (2m tall).

2. Coming off this new back wall, I want to build a brick outbuilding that would be a gym. It would be insulated and have power. It would also be done within permitted development i.e. 2.5m tall total and not have an area bigger than 15m2 (because its within 2m of a boundary). I want to give maximum head height because we will want a small tread mill inside it. So I am thinking of making the walls 2m high and then steeply angle the roof upwards to 2.5m and then having a flat roof in the middle/majority of roof space.

3. I want to also build a second building the same height and same area but will be used solely as a garden equipment and bike shed. for that one I am thinking of building in Brick around 1 m height and then wood boards around the rest.

BUT.....
As I said I am a complete newbie to this and need lots of advice!
- I dont know how deep to build the foundations for the wall or both buildings
- How thick to make the walls on both buildings
- Ideas for the roofing
- Stud walls for hte gym outbuilding?
- And a WHOLE bunch of stuff Ive not even thought of yet!

Im hoping that some of the experts and complete geniuses on this forum could help point me in many right directions!

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back