Outdoor AAV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody.
I'm wanting to replace my iron soil pipe with a plastic one. However the pipe is purely a vent pipe with no wet connection. The toilet is connected underground somewhere. Is there any reason I couldn't fit an outdoor stub stack with an AAV? The floplast ax110 allows a shorter stack provided it's 200mm about the highest wet connection. And as the stack has no wet connection could I in theory have a 200mm stack with AAV?

Sponsored Links
No, you still have a wet connection even if you can't see it. AAV is only for multiple stacks in one property, where one must always be open to air. Since you only have one then it must be open.

Makes sense. However what's the difference with a new build with a single stack, aav in the loft?

Sponsored Links
I have seen the drainage on new developments, how the hell they ever get it passed is beyond me. I have also been out to attend a number of new developments, (or conversions of existing buildings into flats), to deal with drainage problems.

Only once these places are occupied do the problems manifest. Just been to one where they'd 'lost' half a brick down the connection into the road, on lifting another manholes nearby to check things out, we discovered a whole host of other problems, none which were going to be cheap to sort out! The Developer had offloaded the flats to a property management company, and was nowhere to be found....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back