Outdoor decoration extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone know what this connector is and also where I can purchase an extension lead with this type of connector on? i.e a lead with a male and female of this type on.

GALLERY]

It's on an outdoor decoration and is mains voltage (230V).

Sponsored Links
I think it would be most helpful, if we could see the male connector, but I assume this is not possible, looks like an XLR connector. What voltage is it on?

No, it's not an XLR. Possibly compatible with something from the Bulgin Bucaneer series if you're lucky but quite likely to be proprietary, I've seen similar on various Chinese LED products aimed at the entertainment market.

Chauvet, NeoNeon & Showtec amongst others use them on IP rated ELV LED products. I have an idea that Hozelock may also use them on ELV garden lights & pumps. Might be worth a look on the websites of any of those mentioned.

Sponsored Links
If you use that cable in wet conditions then ensure there is a RCD in the supply to the cable.

IP44 rating

IP4- Protected against solid objects over 1mm e.g. small tools, thin wire

IP-4 Protection against water sprayed from all directions. Limited ingress permitted

Limited ingress means moisture can get into the connectors, even if mated, and this could present a shock hazard if picked up when the cable is wet and the power still ON

Dan, you're the man! That's perfect, 5 metres will be just right.

Bernard, thanks for the information, yes it will be on it's own RCD.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back