Outdoor PIR sensor light not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
After moving into my current house some 18 months ago I have just got round to trying to find out why my outdoor PIR sensor light doesn't work.
Outside at the electrical connection there is an earth, live and neutral all connected correctly. I thought it might be the circuit board within the unit so I purchased a new full unit exactly the same as the one which I thought was NG. However this also won't work.
On the entrance to the house, just to the left of the fron door there is a 2-gang switch which works the downstairs landing light and I persume also switches on the outdoor power to the PIR Light. The upstairs landing light is on a different switch at the bottom of the stairs. I have included a photo of the back of the indoor 2-gang switch as I think there is a neutral missing. Any advice is appreciated. I think I may have purchased a new unit for nothing !!
GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
I may have purchased a new unit for nothing !!

well if they are nothing can you get me two please.

aneutral is not required at the switch, which is why there is not one to be seen. it is something else.
you will have to follow the cable and see where it goes

View media item 5867 Hi,
above is a drawing of the connections made at inside the unit. One of the earths, the black and the red come from the same cable but I cannot see where the other earth comes from. Could it be that there may be a snapped cable in the brickwork which runs to the switch ?[/img]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back