Outdoor RCD Socket wont reset

I suppose it depends on what one regards as safe - and what the OP would be comfortable to do, but ... if one disconnected it and powered it up (e.g. with a length of flex connected to a 13A plug, plugged into a known-working socket) then one would be able to find out both whether it was 'working' (to the extent of being resettable when powered) and, if yes, whether it was active or passive (by removing its power).

Kind Regards, John
I would agree, likely best option would be to swap the indoor socket with outdoor socket, just to test, i.e. some thing which can be done completely dead by turning off the supply. Once he knows if the supply or socket faulty then proceed further.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice , folks . Ive just ordered a replacement . hopefully get it replaced at the weekend . I`ll let you know what happens . As said , worse case scenario I end up with a spare socket . :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back