outside bell faulty on intrude alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I constantly keep having my outside bell go off on my intruder alarm. The fault says "tamper" but nobody has tampered with it. The company has been out endlessly but we never seem to get to the bottom of it. The usual remark is its something to do with temperature flucuation. Surely not or all the alarms on my side of the road would be going off. Any help greatly appreciated my neighbours are getting very fed up as am I. Worst of all I can't stop it until the engineer arrives it just keeps going off randomly. Help me if you can please. Engineer coming again today perhaps you can point him in the right direction!!

Sponsored Links
An "Engineer" should be able to diagnose the problem straight away and do the job correctly.

I doubt temperature fluctuations have a big impact, unless you have a really really sensitive tamper switch.

What bell box are you using?
What sounds can you hear when it happens? Internals, both internal and external sounders etc

Josh

Thank you so much for your prompt reply.

The only sound is the outside bell on the box and my keypad says"tamper" Today the Engineer has fitted a new bell but I don't feel confident.

He did ask how old the system was and if my loft was clear. Answer was yes left absolutely perfect (felt good about this just had it insulated!) and the system was installed 1995. He talked about rewiring.

Do you think I should insist on this if the new bell does not work?

Many thanks

If a new bell doesnt thats the next step really. Although they should have metered out all the cores to check for high resistance on the cabling.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your input.

Fingers crossed. Engineer been gone 4 hours and all quiet (touch wood!).

Will report back as and when

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back