Texecom odyssey 5 bell tamper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

Got a texecom alarm system which has been working fine for several years but lately it keeps going off with the bell tamper as the error. I've taken the bell Bix off the wall to check the tamper switch but this box only has a tamper switch just for the lid, nothing on the back.

Any ideas what I need to check?

Sponsored Links
Do you own a multimeter? Disconnect the two white wires connected to MS1 and MS2 on the PCB and with the switch held in, you should have a very low resistance (less than 1 ohm) and a complete open circuit with the switch released. Operate the switch a few times and check that the resistance falls back to the same value every time. If so, it could be a cable issue.

but this box only has a tamper switch just for the lid, nothing on the back.

Check that the body of the micro switch would not move backwards when the back plate is removed from the wall.

A lot of alarm boxes use a single micro switch to detect both wall tamper and lid tamper. If taken off the wall then the body of the switch moves away from the lid and the actuating lever is no longer pressed agains the lid and thus the tamper operates. Either the micro switch is mounted on a hinge or it hinges round a single fixing screw,

A loose fitting on the wall or an un-even wall surface can allow the body of the micro switch to move away from the lid and create a tamper.

texecom_odyssey_5e_live_bellbox-500x500-500x500.jpg

Texecom%20Elite%20Odyssey%205%20Live%20Backplate%20115db-500x500.png

Texecom have 2 tampers on the full versions (twin piezos) and 1 tamper if its the E version (1 piezo).

The back tamper, is a screw into the wall, the plastic brakes off allowing the tamper to be activated when removed form the wall.
On the full versions there is a screw tamper aswell, ie start undoing the screw and the tamper is activated.

If you try and remove the lid that's the same tamper as the back tamper.

Sponsored Links
In the picture above you can see there is a screw at the side of the tamper switch, this can be used to adjust the tamper switch for the front cover, although I see many just bending the metal strip.

When you place the cover can you here the tamper switch click closed?

I will have a look and come back to you guys.

Thanks for all the info so far!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back