Bell tamper and battery low

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Whilst away I received a notification from my alarm of a bell tamper and immediately after a bell battery low warning. It’s a Texecom Premier Elite 64

Neighbours were there and there was no tamper.

Unarmed and rearmed.

Ok for 6 days then exactly the same again.

On returning home there are no errors on the keypad, guess the tamper was reset when using the app. The log shows the tamper, nothing about the low battery.

Any ideas what this could be or what needs to be done.

Thanks

Dave

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I would go with the bell tamper message, the battery does not last for ever, so ladders and notebook out, get the battery details and replace soonest or you will have a problem at the most inconvenient time .

Don't do this at your own peril. NOISE.

Hi,
It’s wireless and installed Feb this year.
Other than installation test the sounder has not gone off except for these occasions.
Battery low and tamper is in the logs, but nothing on wireless keypad when arming.
Thanks
Dave

Are the comfort LED'S turn on the bell box ?
If yes this could have drained the battery life !

I understand that one or more of the batteries could be duff, even though they really shouldn't be after such a short time after installation.
The low battery warning came up after the alarm went off straight the bell tamper, which i tend to get as the current drain due to the alarm would lower the voltage and could lead to the battery warning.
I can change the batteries easily.
But I still do not get get what caused the random 2 tamper alarms a week apart.
Dave

nothing is truly random.

bell tampers not properly secured, bell box not properly fitted to the wall, seen some wireless devices show tamper if they get hot.

Replace all batteries, while up ladder adjust microswitch on bell box.
Make a note when you changed batteries and see if same occurs a few months down the line.

If you have a multimeter ....out of interest see what each of the batteries have left in them ....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back