Texecom Premier Elite, battery replacement and tamper query.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My alarm system is a Texecom Premier Elite. This year I intend to replace the batteries in the wireless PIR’s, main panel battery and the wired bell box.

Will the tamper be put on hold/pause while I swap out the main control panel battery and wireless PIR batteries if I enter the engineer code that I have?

I've read that before I open the bell box and change the battery, I need to put the bell box on hold mode. If this is the case would someone kindly instruct me on how to proceed, please.

Sponsored Links
whilst in engineering tamper won’t activate on opening and closing of a device whilst replacing a battery, when you come out of engineering tampers may show for the following:-

Battery not put in properly
Device nit reporting back properly
Tampers not closed, ie unit not put back together properly

Panels above a certain version can have a battery swap option which master use can use for changing batteries

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the reply.
One last question.

What batteries do the texecom bell boxes take. Its the same as the attached photo.

Attachments

• C54C2666-F1BC-45DD-8C88-66568D17D806.jpeg
    C54C2666-F1BC-45DD-8C88-66568D17D806.jpeg
    9.6 KB · Views: 38
1.5V Lithium AA's but its in the manual, wouldn't use alkaline AA's they wouldn't perform very well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back