How do we figure out why our Texecom Premier Elite wireless keypad is tampering?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Texecom Premier Elite 64W with a Premier LCDLP-W Wireless Keypad. Over the past few days, a tamper has been activating, seemingly out of the blue and attributable to this wireless keypad rather than any of the sensors. How do we ascertain what's causing the wireless keypad to raise an alert that it's been tampered with so that we can address the issue? The batteries are okay, according to Wintex.

Sponsored Links
Check keypad is correctly fitted to wall.Check tamper microswitch has not been damaged on keypad pcb when unit was installed. Also suggest change batteries for new one's.

Thank you, Handymanjo. I'll change the batteries, although, as I said, Wintex shows them as being ok. How do I identify the tamper microswitch on the PCB, please? Cheers

Wintex does not show battery condition.

tamper probablynotfitted correctly, in particular the tamper fitting

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Wintex does show battery condition.

tamper probablynotfitted correctly, in particular the tamper fitting
The tamper microswitch appears to be able to move freely. It's difficult to see if the tamper fitting on the back plate is positioned correctly in relation to the tamper microswitch, and the instruction manual does not shed much light on this. I've reinserted the keypad into the back plate, so I hope all will be well.

the tamper adjustment screw can help, but is the keypad sat together properly as that’s often the cause.

You shouldn’t be able to run your finger nail in where back plate meets the front unit.

Pictures may help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back