outside light flicking

SLB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have 2 outside lantern lights connected to a 2 gang switch in the hall way.

the funny thing is they were both working fine until I tried to play with the switch on the actual light switching from PIR TO NORMAL MODE and after that I get the light flicking the untouched one works fine. I checked the connection in the 2 gang switch seems fine, disconnected the outside lantern I get power from the live cable only (RED) coming from the 2 gang switch which seems ok I changed the bulb put a 40w (max capacity 100w) looked at the circuit board I clean it with some perfum but still flicking the other one is fine.

does anyone have a clue shall I try with a 100w bulb although I did not check the connnections where the bulb is sitting???

Sponsored Links
with some anti static foam, and at last my misses parfume,

Sponsored Links
with some anti static foam, and at last my misses parfume,

The parfume will leave organic deposits on the PCB, these may then attract moisture and become conductive.

Isopropyl alcohol is the better option but highly inflammable, easily ignited and burns with a near invisible flame.

it is also cheaper than parfume

I did use an hair dryer to dry the electronic board. :D

I used it before the parfume Servisol Foam Cleanser 30 Anti Static Cleaner PC

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back