Outside Light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

My outside light has finally given up the ghost, so need to replace.

The light is by the front door under quite a large porch area, which has always caused a problem when walking down the steps to the house the sensor does not pick up movement until very close to the porch, obviously this is not very helpful with the dark winter nights!

Was hoping to get a new light to keep in the current place, and have a remote sensor outside the porch.......

My question is what cable is required from the remote sensor to the light, and do I need to get a light that will accept a remote sensor? etc etc.......

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Was hoping to get a new light to keep in the current place, and have a remote sensor outside the porch.......

My question is what cable is required from the remote sensor to the light, and do I need to get a light that will accept a remote sensor? etc etc......

Something like this along with a light of your choice. Most lights should be ok with a PIR.

If its outside and exposed to the weather then the best type of cable to use is probably hituf.

HT1.5SLASH3.JPG

Thanks for the information, now the slightly more technical questions!

Am confident in doing the actual wiring, but just need some pointers on ths one....

I have a fused spur in the house, whith the 3 core goes into the current light, assuming that this will wire into the new light, where/how does the pir wire back to the light? Once again assuming that the new light will only have one LN&E connection.

Cheers

Most pir sensors require a neutral.
The above cable, would need to be 4 core

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back