Outside mains water stopcock

Sponsored Links
Better quality picture would be good ;)

You say the stopcock inside the house is leaking, is it leaking from the spindle by any chance? If so you may just be able to tighten the gland nut up. There may be no need to turn off outside at all.

No the leak is not from spindle, it seems to be coming from well below the spindle. I want to replace it completely. So if I can the mains valve from outside would help me get removed.

Sponsored Links
Lift one of your neighbours grids and see if they have a loose key fitted.
Borrow it or use an open end spanner on the orange nut.
Jeff

if you contact your water co they will probably sell you a T-handle that fits on the valve by the meter. It will probably be blue plastic.

If you leave it down the hole, fitted to the valve, it will most likely be there next time you need to use it in a hurry.

If your road has a key-thief you might hook a spare inside the shed or side gate where it is easy to see and grab. It will hang on two cup-hooks.

On Thursday I couldn't get the stopcock tool from the various Plumber merchant, I decided to look at my neighbors outside water valve I notice one in there so I borrow it, mine must go taken or one was never in. Thanks you all replies now the task is remove the stopcock ...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back