Outside Soffit Lighting - Recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Ive purchased 5 x IP65 downlighter fittings to install in the soffit area at the front of my house.

As they are the GU10 IP65 type i do not require a transformer which will make it easier to install. I would appreciate some recommendations or advice for the following:

- if i wanted to use a photocell to control when the downlighters go on or off (dusk / dawn setting) can anyone recommend a white coloured photocell to match my soffit. Would i then need a transformer if i was to us this?

- Bulbs: What bulbs would you use for outside lighting in a soffit? halogen or Led, cool white or warm white?

Appreciate your advice.

Thanks, Firstdmc

Sponsored Links
50W halogens will cost you about £12/month to run at this time of year, plus lamp replacement costs, and if you don't live in a bungalow I hope you enjoy climbing ladders.

Why do you want them on all night? Is it to help burglars see what they are doing? You can get photocells which turn off after a set time rather than stay on all night.

I believe that Steinel are a good make.

Sponsored Links
And many newer soffits are made from PVC, which doesn't like having hot light fittings attached to it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back