Outside tap, front of house?.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ideally I'd like a tap or water access at front of our house for washing cars on the drive.

I've seen the Tap Safe boxes but is there any alternatives. I'd like whatever we fit to be secure really just in case some numpty decides to turn it on for a prank.

Plumbing wise it's not an issue just finding a suitable enclosure really.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Was looking at these but can't get hold of one at the moment.

What's difference between having a tap at back of house vs front water regs wise out of interest?.

I might have to find a suitable metal enclosure and modify it (probably what Tap Safe have done).

Maybe an electronic stop valve feeding it?.

1e6da5661ee8bbeb3e3cd395f6f1620f.png

Sponsored Links
Don't want to hijack the thread, but today I saw 2 taps fitted by the same plumbers in 2 adjacent gardens.
Both had an isolating valve and double check valve fitted inside, but one had the isolating valve at the top (before double check valve) and the other was the opposite.
Is there a correct order or it doesn't matter?

The tap has the double check valve internally does it not?.

Is there a correct order or it doesn't matter?
In terms of the way it’s probably written in the regs, It’ll be isolation valve and then the double check valve - it’s easier to isolate and maintain or replace the double check valve (if needed) without wasting too much water.

Our back tap is WRAS aprroved with built in check valves, was going to fit exactly same to front.

It would have isolating valve inside house but I'd rather just use an enclosure for every day use.

Double check valve will have water behind it when isolated. External one, built in to tap can potentially freeze, splitting plastic innards, thus rendering it useless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back