Outside taps: hot + cold + irrigation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Posted this on another forum without answers...so trying here:D..sorry for the long read

Unsuccessfully, I am trying to come up with an idea that will work with the tap plans/requirements that I have.....mind boggles :rolleyes:
- I need 2 outside taps -hot and cold (1/2") or a mixer tap (cannot find one ?? besides an ugly Amazon/China one)
- For the cold line I need a 22mm feed for a 25mm MDPE irrigation line
The outside wall where the taps will be is not the kitchen, is an extension with concrete floor, so the pipe system will have to be chased into the wall / concrete floor.
Plan A: Lay 2 JG Speedfit pipes from the kitchen through the concrete floor(12 feet) - 15mm for hot and 22mm for cold all the way to the outside of the wall at floor level. Then for hot have a 15mm copper up to the tap and for cold have a tee to the tap in 15mm and remaining 22mm connecting to the 25mm MDPE.
Issue - cannot find a 22mm wall plate or how can I take the 22mm pipe outside?
Plan B: Same plan to lay 2 pipes but have a tee for the cold in the room in the concrete floor and chase up the wall internally both 15mm pipes for the taps and somehow have another hole at the floor level for the remaining 22mm cold for the irrigation?
Plan C: ???
Plan B has less exposed pipes outside, will have a plasterboard over the pipes on the wall.
The concrete pipes will be covered with MDF and LVT flooring will be on top.
I will have isolating valves and NRV..but did not want to complicate the plan.

What would you do / suggest?

Sponsored Links
Water Regulations concerning domestic irrigation pipes require you to have an RPZ valve for backflow prevention - a double check valve is not considered to be sufficient. RPZ valves require annual testing and calibration by a trained professional.

Thank you muggles.
By irrigation I meant nothing fancy just few sprinklers that I can connect from middle of the garden rather than having a hose going unsightly above ground

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back