oven not heating up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The main oven on a Rangemaster Kitchener 90 electric oven doesn't always heat past 100 deg.
On the odd occasion it does. I have changed the main element successfully but problem still there. Has anyone had same? Dave.

Sponsored Links
If it's heating up and not tripping that would suggest it's the thermostat, not the element.

Have you verified the oven temperature with a probe vs what the dial says?

Thanks Iggifer. I don’t have a prove and they would probs cost more than a replacement thermo(?)

And I guess the probe would only show what the current thermostat shows when oven is on...

Sponsored Links
And I guess the probe would only show what the current thermostat shows when oven is on...
You can guess all day long, you're not going to know whether the thermostat is telling lies til you check it. You can get cheap non-contact thermometers for about £8, handy for other jobs as well. Wouldn't like to vouch for the accuracy at that price but it'll give you a clue :)

Be aware some ovens/grills use a simmerstat (I think that's the name) instead of a thermostat. My memory is a bit rusty on how it exactly works, but it 'knows' how much power it has passed through to the element and therefore how hot the element will be, and it adjusts the power flow accordingly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back