Installing rangemaster 90 dual fuel over, can I use existing ring main

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have new rangemaster 90 dual fuel oven to install into our kitchen as part of the renovation. I am going to get an electrician to install it as part of the lighting rewire, I am just trying to gage the extent of the wiring needed.

Can a 45A dp cooker switch be wired into a spur from the existing ring main which is on the RCD side of the CU, or does a whole new cable need to fitted to the CU with its own RCD, and a thicker cable, like the old cookers used to need?, our current oven is gas not electric.

The instructions are attached (hopefully).

Many thanks

Attachments

• 2017-02-09.png
    2017-02-09.png
    428.2 KB · Views: 162
Sponsored Links
Hi, assuming this not a wind up :D ? No. You require dedicated supply(y)

DS

Sponsored Links
I am going to get an electrician to install it as part of the lighting rewire, I am just trying to gage the extent of the wiring needed.
Get him in now - an electrician on site is by far and away the best person to gauge the extent of the wiring needed. For all you know you already have a cooker circuit which can be used.

The spec says 7.4KW. So absolutely you CANNOT connect this to a ring final. As above, you need a dedicated circuit from your consumer unit.
Job for a registered electrican.

Cool, thanks guys, looks like were going to have take the landing floor up then :(.

Thanks for the reply's.

Get an electrician to take a look. One on site is by far and away the best person to gauge the extent of the wiring needed and what route(s) any new cables could take. For all you know you already have a cooker circuit which can be used.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back