Oven Tower Ventilation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this but here goes anyway ...

I have an old pantry which I plan to remove the door and frame from and fit an oven tower into it such that it appears that the ovens are fitted into the wall. The tower will have a single oven, microwave/oven combination and warming drawer.

One thing that I'm unsure of though is the ventilation requirements. Although I will have a grille in the baseline plinth it is normal for tower cupboards to have a 20mm gap at the rear which runs to the top of the tower thus providing through ventilation from bottom to top.

I'm wondering if this is simply because there is not much spare space in tower units ... The larder I'm building into is much deeper than the tower cupboards (around 4 feet) so I need to know if it is necessary to have a grille above the ovens also or will the ventilation in the base suffice?

Any thoughts gratefully accepted

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back