Microwave in Cupboard? Advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
We have bought a fitted kitchen display from MFI. We have a double oven tower + double oven.
We now want to add a microwave in a different standard tower but don't want too much appliance on show.
So we are wondering if there are any microwaves (either freestanding or 500mm built in) that can be actually be put right inside a standard 600mm tall unit and have the door of unit shut? Thinking its not a problem if the cupboard door is open but what if microwave on and door shut?
I am thinking that heat and steam/ventilation and the risk of fire are the issues?
Are there any that ventilate out of the back? We could cut the back panel out of the cupboard.
Or... am I just asking for trouble?
Thanks
[/b]

Sponsored Links
Never done it myself, but seen plenty done like that,so I presume it is not a problem providing you supply the minimum ventilation requirements which should be in the microwave instructions

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back