Combination microwave housing unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I want to find out if I can (or rather my husband) can fit a combination microwave oven in some sort of housing unit. The particular comby I want to buy can only be used built in and has to be wired in and is not used with a plug. I hope I am making sense.
I got the idea from a friend who has just had a new fitted kitchen, she has had a double oven and a comby microwave fitted in a double oven housing unit which has room above for the comby microwave.
I don't have room in my kitchen to do the same but where our top cabinets are placed there is a space left for the cooker below and my husband constructed a shelf with bracket support to sit a normal microwave on and use it like that. That has been great but now that my arthritic hip is too bad to let me bend down to a conventional oven I had the brain wave that if I could find some sort of housing unit I could have the same comby oven my friend has and just use the hob of my cooker and the comby oven above. I hope this is making sense to somebody. I would be grateful for any info. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you have selected a combi/mwave for built in, the chances are that it has a frame/trim.

You can put any m/wave in a houseing (as I have), you need good airflow.

My previous builtin m/wave also came with a fan assemble to aid cooling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back