Over lapping hobbies and past times, how they help each other!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have over time had many hobbies, my photography helped with cycling and walking to get to places not really assessable with the car, and use of two way radios as a radio ham has made them both safer, I enjoy Steam trains and this weekend was able to combine it with my love of music and beer, as Welshpool Llanfair Light railway had their beer and music festival. Will return once I have written this.

But I can't think of a single hobby I have taken up which has not lead to other hobbies or past-times, although not so sure with some of the tasks done on the Railway are really that pleasurable, blocked drains still need clearing, but getting photos of trains and engines is so much easier when you have that extra access.

Even had my wife doing a spinning demonstration at a railway event, seen steam organs, and plastic building bricks all at the railway, seems odd Lego connected to steam, and to have a breakfast named after the two main steam engines, the Countess is small version and Earl the larger one, is eating a hobby?

So before moving here the Camera club collected the hobbies together, and now the Railway gathers them together, we have even had theatre on the train, seems to be no limits, but I suppose the whole idea of a heritage railway is to entertain?

Sponsored Links
Sculpting, painting, drawing, writing, tinkering and working out were all godsends in so many ways throughout my life.

Sculpting taught me patience, but it also gave me great experience in dealing with customers, making my own molds, casting my own models and even just in manipulating physical mediums.
Painting, drawing and writing mostly taught me to value the steps required to really consider something finished. Tinkering gave me so many crossed experiences that DIY seemed like second nature when I started and hell, having decent muscles helps with everything in life.

Sponsored Links
Back