Over pressurised Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just noticed that my boiler was running at a high pressure for a long time, (a number of months) as the filling loop stop cock was slightly open, pumping water into the boiler.

I found out as i saw water dripping outside in the emergency release pipe and when i checked the pressure gauge, it was high.

I have drained and re filled the system, but now i get a banging noise, which appears to be coming from the top of the boiler on the start up. This banging lasts about 5 minutes, then is quiet.

I also notice that the hot water shoots out the domestic tap and then dies away, and then rights itself when i turn the tap on when the heating is on.

What could this be and does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

The boiler is a Worcester 24i

Sponsored Links
ive found it hard to get to the AAV. I know its somewhere behind the pump but should i take the pump out first?? to get to it or is there another way?

Sponsored Links
According to my info it is inside the combustion chamber on the right. Usually most worcester combi's have the cap poking through the top of the boiler. Just loosen the thing that looks like a tyre valve cap by about a turn

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back