Over the Top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
8640.jpg

Sponsored Links
US President Joe Biden has told reporters; “I’m of the view, as you know, that the conduct of the response in the Gaza Strip has been over the top,” and said he is seeking a “sustained pause in the fighting” to help ailing Palestinian civilians. He added that he had been pushing for a deal to normalise Saudi Arabia-Israel relations, increased humanitarian aid for Palestinian civilians and a temporary pause in fighting to allow the release of hostages taken by Hamas.

Saudi Arabia has told the US there will be no diplomatic relations with Israel unless an independent Palestinian state is recognised on the 1967 borders with East Jerusalem, and Israeli “aggression” on the Gaza Strip stops, its foreign ministry said in a statement on Wednesday. Israel’s Netanyahu has ruled out the establishment of a Palestinian state.

Gaza’s health ministry says more than 27,000 Palestinians have been confirmed killed, with thousands more feared buried under rubble.

The Guardian.com

Sponsored Links
You're so easily confused.
I think we established you get confused.

I’m still waiting for the link to the thread I apparently started ? Or was it a gut feeling old chap ?

I won’t hold me breath.

In a proposal submitted to mediators in Qatar – and which has been seen by Al Jazeera – Hamas has outlined plans for a truce with Israel in Gaza, spurring hopes for an end to the war after 124 days of bombardment and ground invasion on the strip. In its plan, Hamas has suggested a three-stage truce process that would see hostages and prisoners released on both sides. Each stage would last for 45 days, according to the plan.

Israel has yet to respond to Hamas’s proposal, although “its details are being thoroughly evaluated”, officials said. However, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and top Israeli officials have repeatedly stated that Israeli troops will not be ordered to pull back until Hamas is “destroyed”.*

Here’s what Hamas proposes...@Al Jazeera.com

*(A futile project since American Intelligence estimates 35,000 fighters are in the Gaza Strip)

Saudi Arabia has told the US there will be no diplomatic relations with Israel unless an independent Palestinian state is recognised on the 1967 borders with East Jerusalem, and Israeli “aggression” on the Gaza Strip stops, its foreign ministry said in a statement on Wednesday. Israel’s Netanyahu has ruled out the establishment of a Palestinian state.
That it seems has always been the Saudi stance. A meeting is being held there. Various Arab groups including the PA. To what end? Benjamin has already stated aspects that rule out stage 2 of the plan. His right wingers will revolt if he agrees but the opposition say they will back him if he agrees some deal. No mention of what deal.

Meanwhile of course Benjamin can just carry on. The USA have said they wont back a major offensive against Rafar and also some sort of control on use of the weapons they supply to other countries - just mentioned but no details. Rafar is being bombed. Most recent one last night. There has been others.

1967 boarders - interesting fact. The areas are not joined up. BBC mentioned this a while ago. Roads and flyovers etc??? Don't forget E Jerusalem and the other part - not under control of either in original plans.

A new directive by President Joe Biden appeared to ease a split among Democrats over his military support for Israel’s war in Gaza, with lawmakers on Friday praising the order authorizing a swift cutoff of military aid to countries that violate international protections of civilians.

Biden’s order has immediate effect. It gives Secretary of State Antony Blinken 45 days to obtain “credible and reliable written assurances” from foreign recipients of U.S. military aid that are in active conflicts, which includes Israel and Ukraine, that they are using U.S. military assistance in compliance with international humanitarian law and human rights law and other standards.

Associated Press

Let’s leave it there.
Can leave it here if you like, but the Israeli's don't seem to be listening to anyone these days, so intent they are upon Armageddon and the return of the Messiah unto the Kingdom of God.

Can leave it here if you like, but the Israeli's don't seem to be listening to anyone these days, so intent they are upon Armageddon and the return of the Messiah unto the Kingdom of God.
Like I said, I thought it was a film review thread.

Sponsored Links
Back