overflow from tank that suplies radiators constantly leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi please help the overfow from the tank that supples my radiators is constantly leaking it is not the ballcock in the tank i changed the washer and it is fine it looks like water is getting feed back into the tank i bled all the rads a coupe of days ago and it hlped but it is now back worse than ever :(

Sponsored Links
maybe the coil in the cylinder faulty.
is the large tank filling constantly from the ball valve ?

no water def no coming from ballcock tap looks like it being pumped back into tank from elsewhere

i know the ball valve on the tank thats filling is ok what about the other tanks ball valve. the larger of the two tanks

Sponsored Links
Tie up both ball valves, switch off heating/hot water. Dont use any water anywhere inc flushing wcs!

Watch level of water in F&E tank and see what it does.

Tell us the position of the ball balve when it turns off in the F&E tank. It should turn off when the level is about 100 mm !

Thats when the system is cold. Turning on the heating will cause the level to rise about 80 mm.

Tony

tony
the water level is more than 100m when it cuts off it is not far below overfow outet if water level was to rise 80m when i turn heating on it would almost be over top of tank. i baied out water the other day and despite no water coming from ball valve and not using heatng within hour or so overflow leaking again aghhh driving me and neighbours mad :eek:

Can you turn off the cold feed to your hot water cylinder? If so do it and see what happens to the level!

Whats the outside of the cylinder made of? Colour?

Tony

tony
turned cod feed to hot water off waiting to seewhat happens to water level sorry i have no clue about this what do you mean by the cylinder

Is the water in your F & E tank warm / hot? If so, it could be that the system is partially blocked and pumping over. If this is the case, the whole system will need to be cleaned, normally by power flushing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back