overflow gutters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday it rained heavy and I have noticed only when it rains heavily and for a bit of time, the water overflows on my gutters which are only 5 years old

It seems to be coming out fine from the downpipe but not as the pace I would expect the flow to be as the drain is on my property.

Any ideas aside from blockages, maybe it needs lowering as since next door have had their gutters professionally replaced it seems to have got worse

In normal rain its 100% fine.

Sponsored Links
The gutter is obviously filling up. Unless your outlet is set majorly high it should not allow the gutter to fill.
Is there enough downpipes ? A partial blockage?
What has changed ?

next door had same issue now they have lifted theirs up and replaced it, now this happens here, but I didnt see the correct amount of water coming out of the downpipe which on a row of 4 houses there are 3 which is more than enough.

Its the height of a normal house

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Yes as their side was doing the same before but much worse.
But my side only overflows when its raining heavy for a period of time But im assuming it should not overflow at all should it?

100% agree just Im not able to get up ladders at all at my age/condition no chance so was thinking maybe someone may have ideas b4 I call someone out and possibly get ripped off!

Ask around the neighbourhood - I am always getting flyers and I see a guy doing several local houses.
As to being rippped off- ask the neighbour's what they pay?

I shall get a quote free, from a proper company tbf
neighbours paid £400 to replace front gutters with guarantee

When I looked at it from across the road, it seems to be not pointing down to an angle, as if there is a U shape in the middle where part of it has dropped.
Rained heavy today for a few mins then I took this videos, seems to be getting worse so someone is coming out to fix it very soon. sent of the emails.

someone had a drone on this road, asked him to check it, no balls in the downpipe bit , then again it could be blocked inside.

WHats the best way to stop rubbish going down the downpipe, I heard those net ball things accumulate leaves, what about flat netting?
surely this is better than clearing the pipe all the time?

£145 to clean down pipe and repair and realign with 12 months guarantee from a larger size company not a one man and his van

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back