overflow pipe leak on toilet!!!! help!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I have a leak from the joint where the overflow meets the cistern (if that makes sense!)
It was all fine until in my infinate wisdom I decided to use the toilet as a sturdy surface on which to put some wood to use the jigsaw on!! I presume the vibrations have knocked it out of kilter, so I am now left with a leak and dont know what to do!!!!
Any help greatfully recieved!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Assuming it's a vertical overflow standalone pipe...

Can you tighten the nut holding it in place?

If still struggling then turn off cold water, drain cistern, dissasemble overflow, see what's wrong... maybe replace with new one from B&Q/merchants...

I was a bit wary of over tightening it as its plastic so have tightened it by hand as much as I can. Will it be ok to get the adjustable spanner on it?

I personally would nip it a little with a spanner. If that fails tak it out and see what's happening - maybe washer failed...

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back