Overflow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My overflow drips (at a very steady pace) at least once a day, if I flush a toilet it stops.
The overflow pipe is coning from the loft, well I think so as it is just below the roof level, however the toilet I flush is downstairs.

What can I do to fix this? (Bearing in mind I know nothing about this subject!!)

Thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Adjust the float valve (By bending it ) so that it cuts the flow 2 inches from the overflow level. :D

The moderators have struck again!!
But this time they have turned a perfectly legitimate answer into something smutty!!
In case they are ignorant of plumbing matters a ballcock is a device used to regulate the flow and water level in a cistern!!
Hence the advice "Check your ballcocks"
If I were to ask in the local plumbers merchant for a float operated valve I would be asked "What the f**k is that"??

Sponsored Links
Yeah, but you can still type ball, cock, nipple, and flange and get away with it. ;)

Why bend the arm on a ballcock, when the washer is passing.

I mean the arm has,nt bent its self in an uppward position, or has it :eek: I dont know :oops: ;)

clf-gas said:
Why bend the arm on a ballcock, when the washer is passing.
You've put your finger on it there Craig.

Bending the arm is a waste of time, because a washer at the end of its life will continue to pass water no matter where you put the ball.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back