Overflowing HOT water SUPPLY header tank.

god55 said:
I will take a look at the COLD water supply tank today as suggested by "tryitandsee"
I wish you lots of luck with trying-it-and-seeing what happens there.

I will also buy an isolating valve for the kitchen mixer tap and insall it to eliminate this tap.
Good plan.

Does anyone have any experience with the SureStop water switches, both the remote and direct
Yes.

are they reliable and worth fitting?
No, and no. They scale up and let by. Maybe they don't scale up if you operate them regularly, but who ever does that?

Sponsored Links
Success,
It was the water level in the cold water supply tank.

Firstly let me thank Softus for the feedback on the SureStop water taps, I will heed your advice.

Thanks to everyone that has offered help, in particular TicklyT whose suggestion that it may be associated with the cold-water header tank has proved to be the key to my problem.

Update for any that may be interested.
When I finally looked at the cold-water tank the ball cock was not shutting off correctly and allowing the water to overfill by approx 3” (75.0 mm), over filling the tank to just below the overflow outlet. Crudely measuring the two levels this meant that the cold water level was about 25.0 mm above the level of the hot water overflow pipe. I replaced the cold-water ball cock, I then let the system run completely normally from Friday lunchtime until this morning, checking both tank levels twice a day, both tanks have remained at the correct set levels.
What a relief. :D

New problem.
That said, both my wife and I are now noticing a difference with the performance of the shower, its not as forceful as it was. This has only happened since the above rectification of the cold-water ball cock, could the above tank levels have damaged the pump in any way? Additionally, when we rotate the showerhead to the massage position (Pulse mode) the pump cuts in and out continuously, almost in sync with the shower spray pulses. Note the pump ONLY supplies the one shower and NOTHING else.

A very grateful,

Garry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back