Overgrown garden, stupidly high quotes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Guys,
We have been in our new home now for 4 months and its time to get stuck in to the back garden. The garden itself is overgrown, I had sprayed the entire area with resolva weed killer which did kill everything off but then we had the heavy rains and hot weather and its all come back.

The garden itself has a builders rubble mound which has a rather large cavity so it will need excavation to some degree, a path that is no where near level and runs down and some foundations which I've been told could be for an old well but are not in a full circle so that has me puzzled.

I have attached pictures of how the garden currently looks along with a rough picture showing measurements, my question is what's the best way to totally kill the weeds that are present, my theory was spray again with weed killer and then cover the entire area with weed barrier to totally kill them off

Current Plan

Proposed Plan

Sponsored Links
Your last sentence is correct. Pull any out by hand if they're big and pile them up to be burned after a week or so when they've had chance to dry out a little.

In the first instance, hire a skip and get rid of all the rubbish and rubble. Maybe keep some as hardcore if you intend on doing a concrete shed base.

If you haven't got one, buy a builders wheelbarrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back