Back Garden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When we moved in the back garden hadn't been touched for over a year! We sorted it out but the grass is in a horrible state, well when I say grass I mean minimal.

Were considering re-turfing it but wonder if the grass will even grow. Its quite shaded at the back and also there a hugh trees (protected by TPO's) and the ground is riddled with masses and masses of tiny little roots!

We would need to kill off all the weeds and moss, but is there anyway of doing it without weed killer staying in the soil for ages? Also like I say, would grass actually grow?

Otherwise its plan b which is stones or pebbles.

Sponsored Links
if you use a selective systemic weedkiller such as round up it only effects the living plants it comes into contact with. What falls on the soil is harmless and wont effect further planting. If you are turfing in the shade the grass will struggle over time due to the shade, you can however get shade tolerant turf, but it is more expensive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back